Tuesday, October 20, 2009

3a #3 Surgery Spins (2)

"Cutting edge is when you are cutting at the edges and they are not yours"





Its about two organs
Pairs of them
The ones that matter, don't count
The ones that count, don't matter


S T R I N G S





HARDWARE



"Why surgery?"
Surgery is about disseminating it all over, about and inside, until you are de-semenated. What can be better?

"Why spin?"
Because I miss operating rooms

"Why?"
I miss operating rooms

Ones with high definition cams
Multiple widescreen monitors
Blazing lights, screaming knives
And sparkling scrubs
Laced with smell of blood

I miss the haunting death in freezing corridors of high rise surgical platforms @ York Avenue

I miss the free spirited hotties in lab coats
Dirty jeans with bad hair and coffee stains
Walking in and out of Rockefeller

I miss the morning rush of Upper East
Sweaty interiors, rapid exteriors
Dew on steel, looks off glass
And the gray rise with hidden skies

I miss the gliding days of burning
Adrenaline
The hunger through the day to save up
For Indian food
And the thirst through the night to muster up
For American dream

And I miss the crowded labs
With clunky hardware
And desperate foreigners trying
To make it up the ladder

I miss the bustling jolt
Of those pavements
And the fluttering pulse
On that street

I miss it all and I want it back
I will.


"So?"
Rehabilitation is for retards
Re-habituation is for misfits

"That's nice"
No, only cutting people up is nice
Do you know what's nicer?

"What?"
Waking them up and summarizing it!

"Weird"
No just wired a little different
"Prove it"
Most people find it hard to spell it the right way



Surge: What do you do for a living?
Zurge: I transplant eggs

Surge: Oh, good one. I know what it is
Zurge: What?
Surge: An egg transplant is when you are a surgeon with eggs, and you like transgenic plants

Zurge: Shut up!
Surge: Kiss me!!






CHEMICAL LIGATION

'So about the big questions in life. I read Socrates. That guy knocked off little Greek boys. What the Hell's he got to teach me? And Nietzsche. His theory of eternal recurrence. Great. That means I'll have to sit through the Ice Capades again. Its not worth it. And Freud, another great pessimist. I had years of analysis and nothing happened. My poor analyst got so frustrated, the guy finally put in a salad bar.
Maybe the poets are right. Maybe love is the only answer.'




And then I flew

I soared the thin air
I sailed the blue skies
I rose above everything

With her

I winged the gray zephyr, she scoured the blue yonder
I sucked the cold wriggles, she floated the mold inklings
I wafted the gust, she crafted the lust

With me


And we reached an isle on Pacific, with no specifics
A world of auburn dreams, amber steams
Caramel wilds, chocolate sands

Through a buff surge, in the rust craze
Inside softening shadows, across lunar highs

I stayed there, she laid bare
And dazed forging waves on receding shores
I gazed her eyes
And all I could see was my color




BENCH, BEDSIDES, & THEATERS


Between bench and bedside, there are many lies and an operating table
So you see, everything has a spin except the spin itself

The point of a mask in an OR is to unmask the other

On bench, pain is not accepted
Only understood
By bedside, pain cannot be quantified
Only scaled
Off table, pain is not a silent end
But a loud beginning

On battlefields, in wilderness
And inside an arena
Blood is not wasted, only burnt
Who's not a falling stream, just a storming ocean


But are you lucid?




RADICAL AGITATION


I say push me, because if you'll push hard enough, I might fall
And you will rise. But that will be a delusion
Yet better than the one that you are in right now

We all hate medicine. We are all afraid of surgery
Diagnoses makes us sad. Scalpels make us mad

And the ones not affected, are the ones insane


The question that separates us and them

Does the hate burn you enough to fight?
Does the fear turn you enough to live?

We want not to cure the pain of others
We just want to escape ourselves
We want not others to be healthy
We just don't want to sick ourselves


"Faking sanity is worse than feigning it the other way around"


And that is why, I hate jokes
But you are all pleased by them
Yes, I am a surgeon
I mean that there are exceptions
I am willing to ignore!

There is a limit to everything, of course
But it applies only to the limited ones


Let me tell you again what irony means
Irony is that you can't be more ordinary
Than the ordinary itself

On the two sliding sides of that curve
You can only be special
Or lets say, 'fake' it

You cannot put scalpel on someone else without a consequence for yourself
You cannot feel pain in their skin without a bleed in your own first

Because the ones who can, are the ones insane


Yes, the abyss stares back. Still, most of you don't
And that is a paradox


'Adventure is when you risk your own skin to prove your platitudes'

Scalpel, please

Nerves are gray but so is steel
If I am creepy
Would you like to creep me?

No comments:

Post a Comment